synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject 1.1 planning
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:19:47 GMT
Time to make a 1.1 plan.

Plenty of good changes have been made, so I think its time to review
what needs to go into 1.1.

I notice we have made an API change (Ruwan I think added a return
value to injectMessage()). We should either figure out another way of
doing this (property), or bite the bullet and declare 1.1 mediators
incompatible with 1.0.

Personally I can see one good reason to break compatibility --- I
added the PayloadHelper class to Synapse, but I think that function
could be exposed directly in the MessageContext -
e.g.
getPayloadAsDOM() , getPayloadAsText(), etc.

I think that would make writing mediators a lot simpler for 80% of usecases.

What else do we need to think about before we cut a 1.1 release?

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair