synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "ant elder" <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.1 planning
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:28:11 GMT

> Time to make a 1.1 plan.
>
> Plenty of good changes have been made, so I think its time to review
> what needs to go into 1.1.
>
> I notice we have made an API change (Ruwan I think added a return
> value to injectMessage()). We should either figure out another way of
> doing this (property), or bite the bullet and declare 1.1 mediators
> incompatible with 1.0.
>
> Personally I can see one good reason to break compatibility --- I
> added the PayloadHelper class to Synapse, but I think that function
> could be exposed directly in the MessageContext -
> e.g.
> getPayloadAsDOM() , getPayloadAsText(), etc.
>
> I think that would make writing mediators a lot simpler for 80% of
> usecases.
>
> What else do we need to think about before we cut a 1.1 release?
>
> Paul

I'd still like to try to get something going with the Synapse-Tuscany
integration, no time right now as I'm 100% on getting a Tuscany 1.0 out, but
after then may have time to get at least prototype support of that for
Synapse 1.1.

+1 to trying really hard to make 1.0 mediator impls compatible with 1.1.

   ...ant