synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruwan Linton" <>
Subject Job language syntax in the Synapse configuration
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 06:45:38 GMT
Hi all,

For the moment the configuration for the jobs seems to be like following;

  <job ...../>*

The <startup> element is wrapping all the jobs. With compared to other
elements in the configuration like <sequence>, <endpoint> and all they are
top level elements even mediators can appear in the top level in which case
that collection is treated as the main sequence. So I propose to bring the
<jobs> element to the top level as follows;

 <registry ..../>?
 <proxy .../>*
 <sequence .../>*
 <endpoint ..../>*
 <localEntry .../>*

If we do have multiple types of jobs then we can let the FactoryFinder to
handle that. Is there any particular reason that I am missing here? If not
shall we bring these jobs to the top level before 1.1 release?

Ruwan Linton - "Oxygenating the Web Services Platform"

View raw message