synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruwan Linton" <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.1 planning
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:35:40 GMT
Paul,

Comments in line,

> Time to make a 1.1 plan.
>
> Plenty of good changes have been made, so I think its time to review
> what needs to go into 1.1.
>
> I notice we have made an API change (Ruwan I think added a return
> value to injectMessage()). We should either figure out another way of
> doing this (property), or bite the bullet and declare 1.1 mediators
> incompatible with 1.0.

I don't think this API change will effect most of the mediators, unless
otherwise a particular mediator digs very deep in to the internals of
Synapse and uses the injectMessage API. (There is no single mediator that is
working in the current head which does not work on 1.0 release)

Personally I can see one good reason to break compatibility --- I
> added the PayloadHelper class to Synapse, but I think that function
> could be exposed directly in the MessageContext -
> e.g.
> getPayloadAsDOM() , getPayloadAsText(), etc.

+1 for this.

I think that would make writing mediators a lot simpler for 80% of usecases.

> What else do we need to think about before we cut a 1.1 release?

I think we need to fix the Security and Reliable Messaging functionality. I
think they were broken on the svn head due to the axis2 1.3 migration. (Need
to wait till Sandesha2 1.3)

Thanks,
Ruwan

Paul