synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal jayasinghe <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hot deployment and hot update support of mediators
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:38:10 GMT

> Asankha,
>
> We can do this by removing the deployer entry from the axis2 xml (may
> be we can keep it commented so that users has to just uncomment the
> config line in the axis2 xml to enable it). Or do we have to provide a
> configuration to start or stop the deployer in the Synapse
> configuration???
>
> BTW: I saw the POJO deployer configuration was there already in the
> axis2.xml. Are we using that???? Any how that POJO deployer will start
> a new thread. If this is not necessary we can remove that too.
Nope, none of the deployers in Axis2 start threads . In Axis2 there is a
main thread who listen to a particular directory (or directories )
depending on the changes in those directories Axis2 will call the right
deloyer. Then it is up to the deloyer to make something  (service ,
module etc...) out from the file given by Axis2 . Just having deployer
entry in axis2.xml will not do anything.

Thanks
Deepal