synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Deploying synapse as a web application
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 08:53:45 GMT
Paul has pointed out that we have a bit of a complex WAR distribution
right now to support the sample clients, services and the embedded Axis2
instance. So, would like to check from our users if they would be
willing to let go of the samples for a simpler WAR distribution...

Standalone Distribution => synapse-1.0.1-bin.tar.gz
 - extracts exactly like the Synapse 1.0 release and behaves exactly the
same

 WAR distribution => synapse-1.0.1.war
 - will not ship sample clients, services or an embedded axis2 server
 - once loaded into Tomcat etc, the user should edit the
synapse.xml/axis2.xml within the WEB-INF/conf and also supply an
external directory as the registry root if required

asankha