synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pointing messages at targets
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:01:20 GMT
Glen,

The message is going to end up going somewhere. For example, I want
the message to go to Amazon s3, but I already have an endpoint
definition for S3. I could just set the To address to be
http://s3.amazon.com/whatever.

However, this doesn't take advantage of the endpoint definitions.

Does that make sense?

Paul

On 7/27/07, Glen Daniels <glen@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul:
>
> Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > When I inject a new message into Synapse (using the API).
> >
> > At the moment messages go into the main sequence. However, it would be
> > nice to specify a sequence or endpoint for them to be targeted to.
> >
> > I'm thinking maybe just setting the To address using a uri scheme
> > like: "sequence:stockquote" or "endpoint:sq".
> >
> > What do you all think?
>
> Doesn't this assume that the message itself is "synapse-aware"?  What
> about cases where I want to inject a message that is actually going
> wsa:To Amazon S3?
>
> --Glen

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair