synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Features for 1.1 release
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 07:28:41 GMT
Sorry forgot to copy synapse-dev!

Paul

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com>
Date: Jul 3, 2007 8:28 AM
Subject: Re: Features for 1.1 release
To: synapse-user@ws.apache.org

Asankha

I'd like to do a staged development. It seems like some things we
might be able to do quickly and others may be more work. On the basis
of release often release early maybe we should do a 1.0.1, 1.0.2,
1.0.3, etc.

In the meantime, if I had to say the thing I'd like most, I'd suggest
the file/ftp, the CSV handling, and the custom SSL configs, based on
what I've heard people ask for.

In the meantime, maybe we should talk to the ODE team about whether we
can collaborate on integrating ODE.

Paul

On 7/2/07, Asankha C. Perera <asankha@wso2.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am trying to list and prioritize the set of features that we would
> like to introduce into Synapse 1.1, and any defects that should be
> fixed. Some of the main areas under consideration are:
>
> 1. Improvement of Transports
>
>     HTTP/S
>     - Ability to expose a proxy over a custom port
>     - Ability to use a custom SSL configuration when exposing over a
> custom port
>     - Ability to use a custom SSL configuration for an endpoint (i.e.
> certificate used for two-way authentication)
>
>     File/FTP
>     - Ability to use file/ftp/sftp/.. transport through Apache commons
> CFS (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/vfs)
>
>     Corba / EJB / JDBC
>     - Ability call into these external systems
>

> 2. Mediators
>
>     XQuery / Saxon XSLT
>     Cobol Copybook to XML
>     CSV to XML
>     Reporting - (for auditing etc.)
>     Looping mediator - to process a message as multiple smaller (one
> way) messages
>     Mediator to call into JDBC
>
> 3. BPEL
>
>     Calling into Apache ODE to support BPEL
>
> If you would like to suggest or add any other items to list please let
> me know. I will add this into the Wiki/JIRA and prepare how we want to
> achieve these, based on actual usage by users and the priorities.
>
> thanks
> asankha

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair