synapse-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Synapse not able to send request to jboss server + solaris 5.9
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 04:23:16 GMT
Balaji
> Is there a way to configure synapse
> not to use NIO but blocking Http transport?

I don't think thats the right solution to this problem, as we spent a
long time building a non-blocking transport and now we see its benefits
and the scalability we have achieved. The problem with a blocking
transport for an intermediary such as Synapse is that it boils down to
one-thread per client connection, and this thread may be blocked on IO
and waiting for the backend service to reply.

I would like to understand your problem in more detail, and try to see
if I can reproduce it. So you need to tell me and Oleg the exact JDK
version you are using, your OS version and the hardware (Sparc/Intel) so
that we could try to investigate it further. Also could you try this
with a different version of the JDK (1.5.x).. maybe JDK 1.6 and a newer
Solaris box or OS version?  Also since you have nailed this down to
HttpCore-NIO alone, maybe you could try the 4.0-alpha5 release of
HttpCore that came out in the last week.

 >The example given in NIO module NHttpClient.java when executed from
solaris  box is able to talk to HTTP
 > server / servlet container running in windows but not solaris (not
even local machine).

The above seems quite confusing to me.. If the sample code you provide
can talk to an external Windows server, I don't see any reason why it
cant talk to a Solaris server? Just to be certain.. do you have any
firewalls or other software between the two boxes? Can you do a "telnet
<solarishost> <httpport>" from the command line and then a "GET /
HTTP/1.1" and see if you get some response back?

Lets give this problem the due attention it deserves and try to find its
root cause.

thanks
asankha