subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Git Patch fails to apply with Svn Patch
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 19:50:59 GMT
On Fri, May 02, 2014 at 02:06:46PM -0500, Eric Berge wrote:
> The original patch file I used is attached.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Eric

Thanks, I could reproduce the problem and fix it.
See http://svn.apache.org/r1592014
I've nominated the fix for backport to 1.8.x so it should appear
in some future 1.8.x release.

Regarding your suggestion about an option switch to disable --git diff
parsing: I think we should rather fix the parser to accept and ignore
unknown git diff headers (as I've just done) instead of requiring the
user to pass a command line option to work around a broken parser.

Thanks for your bug report!