subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Nguyen, Quyen" <Quyen.Ngu...@epsilon.com>
Subject RE: Bug report on SVN 1.8.3 Cannot allocate Memory
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:39:54 GMT
Thank you for your input Ben.
We will get with our System Admin and see what is going there.

Quyen Nguyen

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Reser [mailto:ben@reser.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:37 PM
To: Nguyen, Quyen; users@subversion.apache.org
Cc: Vornbrock, Beth
Subject: Re: Bug report on SVN 1.8.3 Cannot allocate Memory

On 12/12/13 2:12 PM, Nguyen, Quyen wrote:
> Looking  into the subversion error_log and it appears it point to the
> memory
>
> [Mon Nov 18 17:28:53 2013] [error] [client 10.20.36.51] Can't start
> process
> '/data00////start-commit': Cannot allocate memory  [500, #12]

That is an OS error.  Subversion is providing you the "Cannot allocate memory"
message as a convenience, it's not producing the error.

Looking at the code I'd bet that fork() is returning ENOMEM on your system.

> Our Linux System Admin  had applied different memory cache setting to
> the server but thus far we have no luck resolving this error.
>
> If you could please provide any insights on why and ho we could
> correct this issue,  I'm truly appreciated your help/

Add more memory to the system or figure out why the kernel doesn't think it has enough memory.
 Might want to check your configured ulimits as well.

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason
to believe that you received this message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail,
and destroy the original message. Thank You.