subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Nguyen, Quyen" <Quyen.Ngu...@epsilon.com>
Subject Bug report on SVN 1.8.3 Cannot allocate Memory
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:12:45 GMT
Hi,

We had subversion 1.8.3 installed on our test server.
svn, version 1.8.3 (r1516576)
compiled Aug 30 2013, 17:19:00 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

The OS on this server is OS Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.3 (Santiago) .
Initially, testing 1.8.3 on this test server looks good but then we ran into this showstopper
a few weeks ago.

svn rm URL -m "Remove test dir"
svn: E165002: Failed to start '/../../../hooks/start-commit' hook

Looking  into the subversion error_log and it appears it point to the memory
[Mon Nov 18 17:28:53 2013] [error] [client 10.20.36.51] Can't start process '/data00////start-commit':
Cannot allocate memory  [500, #12]

Our Linux System Admin  had applied different memory cache setting to the server but thus
far we have no luck resolving this error.
If you could please provide any insights on why and ho we could correct this issue,  I'm truly
appreciated your help/

Thanks in advance for your help
Quyen Nguyen
Quality Assurance Engineer
Epsilon Targeting

2550 Crescent Drive, Lafayette, CO 80026
T 303-410-5542
F 303-420-5674

Quyen.Nguyen@epsilon.com<mailto:Quyen.Nguyen@epsilon.com>
www.epsilontargeting.com<http://www.epsilontargeting.com/>

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason
to believe that you received this message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail,
and destroy the original message. Thank You.