subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Hinote, Scotty (MSFC-IS40)[NICS]" <willie.s.hin...@nasa.gov>
Subject RE: help with svn:ignore
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 20:38:35 GMT
Hi Bob,

I appreciate the reply. A few more details that may help.

I wrote a Perl script to move the files from the old name to the new name. During the first
round there were some issues with renaming so I had to restore a backup of the repository.
I created a new directory then restored my dump file from the previous day. After restoring
the dump I moved the restored directory into the correct path for RANCID then moved the logs
and SVN directories.

/usr/libexec/rancid/rancid-cvs
svnadmin load /opt/rancid/archives/SVN/ < /opt/svn_backups/restore.dump
svn co file:///opt/rancid/archives/SVN/
mv archives archives.new
mv SVN archives
cd archives.new
mv logs/ ../archives
mv SVN/ ../archives

I then moved the files with my Perl script. It appears from the output of "svn log -v file:///opt/rancid/archives/SVN/CISCO/"
that r1 - r3 is when RANCID created the repo using rancid-cvs and r2041 is where I moved the
files. Maybe I am not restoring the repository correctly but RANCID needs a working copy locally
on the server to run its jobs which is why I checked out the repo then moved the SVN and logs
dir.

I have another server that I also renamed files on using "svn move" but I moved the files
one at a time instead of with a script. This server reports svn:ignores at revisions after
moves were executed even though I did not restore a backup.

Server 1
--
Restored backup
Moved files with Perl script

Server 2
--
No backup restored
Moved files one at a time

Are there some additional flags I should be using with svn move? When manually moving or moving
with the script the command is the same "svn move /path/old_name /path/new_name". I do not
see any stop on copy in the svn log output that OpenGrok would pick up on.

Thank you,
Scotty