subversion-users mailing list archives

From Mark Kneisler <>
Subject RE: Update-Only Checkout Enhancement
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 15:46:51 GMT
Yes, I understand the export function.  I want functionality for release management into test
and production environments.

For these environments I have a few requirements:
	Files in these environments will NEVER be edited
	For new releases I will need to perform an update to revision, which will add, update and
delete needed files
	I want as small of a .svn directory as possible

I'm fairly certain that this functionality is currently not present, but I think there are
many installations where this would be valuable.

I'd like to create an enhancement request, but according to the website it was recommended
that I post to this mailing list first.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cooke, Mark []
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 1:44 AM
To: Mark Kneisler;
Subject: RE: Update-Only Checkout Enhancement

AFAIK there is no such option for a "checkout", however, you can get the source without the
.svn folder using the "export" command:- can specify the revision etc.  Note, however, that it will not remove unwanted files
like an update can.

~ mark c

P.s. I think Thorsten just beat me to it...

View raw message