subversion-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Harold <thomas-li...@nybeta.com>
Subject Re: Update-Only Checkout Enhancement
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:21:35 GMT
On 12/10/2013 8:45 PM, Mark Kneisler wrote:
> I have several environments where I’d like to use a SVN checkout, but
> where I’d never ever want to make changes to the files or perform a
> commit.  For these environments, I’d only want to perform an update or
> an update to revision.

In cases where you do not want a .svn directory and you are using Linux,
take a look at FSVS:

http://fsvs.tigris.org/

This is a command line tool that works very similar to the "svn"
command-line tool and talks to an SVN repository.  We make heavy use of
it to version-control our Linux servers (especially the files under
/usr/local, /boot and /etc).

The big difference over using FSVS vs SVN on the Linux box is that FSVS
does not create a .svn folder in the root.

I don't know off-hand if FSVS can be used in Cygwin under Windows.