subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ben Reser <...@reser.org>
Subject Re: Update-Only Checkout Enhancement
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 16:48:22 GMT
On 12/11/13 7:46 AM, Mark Kneisler wrote:
> Yes, I understand the export function.  I want functionality for release management into
test and production environments.

> For these environments I have a few requirements:
> 	Files in these environments will NEVER be edited
> 	For new releases I will need to perform an update to revision, which will add, update
and delete needed files
> 	I want as small of a .svn directory as possible
>
> I'm fairly certain that this functionality is currently not present, but I think there
are many installations where this would be valuable.

> I'd like to create an enhancement request, but according to the website it was recommended
that I post to this mailing list first.

Just to set some expectations here.  The working copy code is highly
complicated and assumes that pristine files are available throughout it.
Making this change is not simple.  Which is the reason it hasn't already been done.