subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Copy changes from one branch to another
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 17:30:59 GMT
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Bob Archer <Bob.Archer@amsi.com> wrote:

>> But that has the effect that i will have all the changes from trunk in branch A,
>> which is not what I want. I only want some certain changes inside there, the
>> changes committed from our team.
>>

> Common stuff should be brought in with Externals rather than a merge. That may be a better
use case considering what you are asking for.

Yes, if different teams are working on different components, using
externals is the way to go even if it takes some effort to arrange
things into neat subdirectories for easy reference.  Besides giving
you a way to pull in the changes cleanly, it also gives you a way to
version those points separately and each component can have its own
release/tagging process and the consuming projects can adjust their
references when they are ready.

--
    Les Mikesell
       lesmikesell@gmail.com