subversion-users mailing list archives

From Sven Richter <sver...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Copy changes from one branch to another
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:43:22 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Andrew Reedick
<Andrew.Reedick@cbeyond.net> wrote:

> Post commit script that deletes branch A and then recreates branch A from trunk, i.e.
make branch A effectively a tag.  Since the delete and copy are server side commands, no workspace
is needed to make it work.  However this will fail if (when) you need to make custom changes
on branch A.

But that has the effect that i will have all the changes from trunk in
branch A, which is not what I want. I only want some certain changes
inside there, the changes committed from our team.

Best Regards,
Sven