subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Reedick <Andrew.Reed...@cbeyond.net>
Subject RE: Copy changes from one branch to another
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:14:42 GMT

committed change is replicated into branch A. This should be an automatic commit, triggered
by the commit to trunk, while being aware of the fact that no other changes should be done
in branch A but the autocommit from trunk.
> Another "would-like" requirement is that the commit metadata like author and commit time/date
are kept, but this is not a must have.

> Is that possible with svn, maybe with autocommit hooks? If not, what other way would
you see to achieve that?

Post commit script that deletes branch A and then recreates branch A from trunk, i.e. make
branch A effectively a tag.  Since the delete and copy are server side commands, no workspace
is needed to make it work.  However this will fail if (when) you need to make custom changes
on branch A.