subversion-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Schöning <tschoen...@am-soft.de>
Subject Re: Tortise svn error
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:58:01 GMT
Guten Tag Birdsell, John - OIG,
am Montag, 29. Juli 2013 um 16:34 schrieben Sie:

Please always answer to the list, not individuals.

> I have found that windows 7  sets the properties of
> new/transferred  files and directories to read only and in some
> cases permissions have not been inherited as you would expect.

Reading "path based permissions" I initially though of authz
configurations within Subversion itself, not permissions of the OS.
Said that, no, that's not enough details, as Subversion itself surely
doesn't set Windows ACLs automatically and there a lot of information
missing, like who your repos are served and accessed by the clients,
which versions of server and clients your are using, maybe even
examples of one repo and its set ACLs where your problem occurs etc.
Especially how your repos get served and accessed by the clients is
vital discussing permission problems.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--