subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Camilo S. Tsumanuma" <veriw...@veriwell.com.br>
Subject [TSVN and svn 1.8.0] Cannot Digest Authenticate.
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 14:21:33 GMT
Hi Dear Subversion Users Forum,

I compiled subversion 1.8.0 in CentOS 6.4 using
http://comments.gman​e.org/gmane.comp.ver​sion-control.subvers​
ion.user/113594
as guideline.

I just used my own previous Apache Server configuration of
Digest Authentication for WebDav SVN but it failed
like described in Discussion Topic of TortoiseSVN Users Forum
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=3058687.

I cannot update, commit or checkout a working copy because
I cannot authenticate. The 1.8.0 SVN clients repeatdly asks for
username/password.
It seems to be related to serf library at client side and may be HTTPS
simultaneously.

The Server seems to be very OK.
Because I can Digest authenticate to the 1.8.0 Server using browser like
Firefox, IE or Chrome and also with TortoiseSVN 1.7.13.

Can you please help me with this?

Should I open a new issue?

Is this a known bug?

I could find some discussion about serf 1.2.0 blocking 1.8.0 SVN release
because
of Digest Authentication. But I could not track if the used 1.2.1 serf
library in
1.8.0 clients really solves the issue, and I don't know if I found a new
bug.

I can Basic authenticate using both 1.7.13 and 1.8.0 clients to
the same server/repository/HTTPS using alternative URL/Apache <Location>.

Thank you in advance,
Camilo