subversion-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Schöning <>
Subject Re: SVN Import command
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 17:09:25 GMT
Guten Tag C M,
am Freitag, 3. Mai 2013 um 18:59 schrieben Sie:

> I don't understand why I can't simply over-write the existing file
> in the directory? On many occasions, a build may only result in one
> new executable. To have to delete/rename the entire directory seems like overkill.

Deletion/renaming was meant for the source of your data after initial
import to be able to checkout a working copy into the same directory,
e.g. your build target. You don't need to delete or rename after you
have checked out a working copy, just overwrite your files and commit
the changes.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Thorsten Schöning