subversion-users mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <philip.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: svnserve: DIGEST-MD5 common mech free
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 08:52:06 GMT
raichea <raichea@gmail.com> writes:
> "Cyrus SASL authentication is available."
>
> So I think you're right. However, as the use-sasl entry in the conf
> file is commented out (along with all the other sasl stuff) I would
> hope it's not trying to use it....

If built with SASL support then svnserve always initialises the SASL
subsystem.  This must be done if SASL is to be available and at this
stage the server doesn't know which repositories will be accessed.

It appears to be the SASL libraries that are producing the message when
the SASL subsystem is shut down:
http://git.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-sasl/tree/plugins/digestmd5.c

I guess you are running svnserve in inetd mode.  I don't know how you
suppress the message.

http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/download