subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ravi Roy <>
Subject SVN repositorires migration using svnsync and master information in repos.
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2013 08:59:06 GMT

I'm in process of migrating my repos from 'master host'  to larger
disk to resolve the space issues on a 'new master host'. I have
compiled and installed Subversion 1.6.18, Apache 2.23 on CentOS 5.9 in
a new Virtual Machine (as 'new master host'). I have migrated all
repositories using 'svnsync' from 'master host' to this 'new master

'master host' has Subversion 1.6.1.

I have verified that all repos on 'new master host' has same revision
numbers for corresponding repos as on 'master host' . Is that
guarantees that databases for all repos are migrated successfully to
'new master host' ?

Secondly, since 'master host' does not have any master information
under '/usr/share/repos/Repo-A/db/revprops/0/0' but 'new master host'
has master info under 'usr/share/repos/Repo-A/db/revprops/0/0', since
'svnsync' have been used for repos migration.

 -- Do I need remove this master information from
'usr/share/repos/Repo-A/db/revprops/0/0' on 'new master host' or it
does not harm being it a new master subversion server ?

Thanks you!

View raw message