subversion-users mailing list archives

From "LARRAIN, GUIDO MARTIN (AG-Contractor/5000)" <guido.martin.larr...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: How to change password when is about to expire
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 20:27:18 GMT
Ok, great! Thx for the info. One more thing, is there any module (or something) to install
on subversion to allow users to change their password? I mean, now I know there svn doesn't
know when is about to expire but they can change it before the account is expired. Thanks
again!

Guido Larrain

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Schmidt [mailto:subversion-2012c@ryandesign.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 5:10 PM
To: LARRAIN, GUIDO MARTIN [AG-Contractor/5000]
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to change password when is about to expire

On Mar 6, 2013, at 14:03, "LARRAIN, GUIDO MARTIN (AG-Contractor/5000)" wrote:

> We have a subversion installed on a Linux box and its working fine! We have some repos
there that developers across the company use to store code and some other things.

> We also have SVN configured to use LDAP authentication to allow users to use the right
repo.

> But we are facing a problem that when users account expire they don't get any message
saying that is about to expire and then, of course, they can't login because of that.

> So my question is if there is a way to configure apache to allow users to change their
password when is about to expire.

Subversion doesn't know when a password is about to expire. Subversion has no notion of password
expiration; that's a concept only your LDAP server knows about. If your users want to change
their password, they should use whatever mechanism you already have set up with your LDAP
server to allow that.

to be received only by persons entitled
to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately. Please delete it and
all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail
by you is strictly prohibited.

by Monsanto, including its
subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence
of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such
code transmitted by or accompanying
this e-mail or any attachment.

The information contained in this email may be subject to the export control laws and regulations
of the United States, potentially
including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and sanctions regulations
issued by the U.S. Department of
Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC).  As a recipient of this information you
are obligated to comply with all