subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: How to change password when is about to expire
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 20:09:41 GMT
On Mar 6, 2013, at 14:03, "LARRAIN, GUIDO MARTIN (AG-Contractor/5000)" wrote:

> We have a subversion installed on a Linux box and its working fine! We have some repos
there that developers across the company use to store code and some other things.

> We also have SVN configured to use LDAP authentication to allow users to use the right
repo.

> But we are facing a problem that when users account expire they don’t get any message
saying that is about to expire and then, of course, they can’t login because of that.

> So my question is if there is a way to configure apache to allow users to change their
password when is about to expire.

Subversion doesn't know when a password is about to expire. Subversion has no notion of password
expiration; that's a concept only your LDAP server knows about. If your users want to change
their password, they should use whatever mechanism you already have set up with your LDAP
server to allow that.