subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Butler <>
Subject Re: Proper source/way to integration Subversion for Win32 app and MacOSX
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 07:25:00 GMT

On Jun 8, 2012, at 7:01 , Thuan Seah Tan wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I have been googling and couldn’t seem to find anything that demonstrate how does one
obtain the subversion api required to provide subversion integration in one’s software.
So far I have go things up and running for windows by locating myself a copy of precompiled
libs and headers for Win32. On windows, I did manage to find a precompiled libs and headers
for apache portable runtime (it comes with the precompiled subversion api libs and headers).
However, on the Mac, I can’t seem to find anything similar that includes the apache libs
and header. So just wonder what is the recommended approach for getting libs and headers?

Apache, APR and Subversion 1.6 are part of the operating system.  Headers
are in the following directories,

and libs are in

> Is there a source that provides me with the libs and headers that I can know for certain
is going to work with the subversion libs and headers?

If you want to use Subversion 1.7, you'll have to build it yourself.  I'd recommend
using Homebrew or MacPorts if you're building for use on your own computer,
or if all of your users have Xcode (or the mini command line version) installed.

> Thuan
> PS: I am not subscribed to the mailing list and would appreciate if you could CC me the
replies. Thanks.

Stephen Butler
elego Software Solutions GmbH

View raw message