subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to create a tag from multiple revisions?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:45:01 GMT
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 2:19 AM, Lorenz <lorenznl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> you might want to read
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.branchmerge.html
>

> I would create a release branch from the last stable trunk version
> (330) and merge in the trunk revisions that I want to go in the
> release. Then create the tag from the branch.

Yes, it is normal to want to continue making changes on the trunk that
should not be included in nearby releases, and also to need a place
for final changes before the release, so release branches are a common
workflow.   You might also use it for support work after the release.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell@gmail.com