subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Shun'kov" <shuny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commit size
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:16:51 GMT
Would be enough have the number bytes of changes. I did disk usage in
pre-commit hook and disk usage in post-commit hook and then calculated
the difference. But I commited the new file with size 20Kb and size of
commit I recieved only 5Kb due some svn compression I guess.

Thank you.
Vlad.

2012/6/12 Cooke, Mark <mark.cooke@siemens.com>:
> [Please add your reply at the bottom, it makes it easier to read]

>> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Vladimir Shun'kov
>> <shunya.v@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I need measure in bytes. I tried use pre-commit and
>> > post-commit hooks but I received not real size of
>> > commit due svn uses some compression.
>>
> ...but what do you consider to be the "real size of commit" ~ the number of bytes of
...all affected files / ...just the changes / ...something completely different?

> What are you _actually_ trying to measure (and why)?  Without knowing this, we cannot
help you.

> Note: Subversion does not send all of the file(s), only the diffs (which includes all
the file if new, of course!).  This helps reduce network traffic and time.