subversion-users mailing list archives

From Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server sent unexpected return value (413 Request Entity Too Large) in response
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 13:05:13 GMT
> newthon.junior@embraer.com.br
>
> 01/06/2012 13:17

> users@subversion.apache.org
> cc
> Subject
> Server sent unexpected return value (413 Request Entity Too Large) in response
>
> Hi All,
>
> I´m having problems to commit or update my workingcopy when I do it from root directory.
It gives me the error message:

> "Server sent unexpected return value (413 Request Entity Too Large) in response
> to REPORT request for '/repo-sys/!svn/vcc/default'"
>
> If I do the update or commit in childrens folders, one by one, I don´t get this error
message.

> I´m running Subversion server 1.6.12 in a Red Hat 5.7 and TortoiseSVN 1.7.7 in Windows
XP and have two repositories: one 11GB (~200 K files) large and other 700MB (~50 K files).
The error occur in both repositories
> Any idea how to fix it?
> Thanks in advance

Can you check the error logs on the server (apache error logs)?

Maybe the problem is caused by the LimitXMLRequestBody directive [1]
in your Apache (or more likely, the absence thereof: the default value
of this limit is 1000000 bytes). Try setting this directive to a
higher value, or to 0 (disables the limit).

[ Finally: some notes about the form of your post: (1) we prefer
plain-text emails on this list, (2) please don't include the legal
disclaimer boilerplate (it makes no sense if you post to a public (and
archived) list) and (3) when replying, please don't top-post, but
reply at the bottom or inline. ]

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#limitxmlrequestbody

--
Johan