subversion-users mailing list archives

From Kai Bernhard <bernh...@morgen-studios.com>
Subject About Apache+SVN "Digest mutual authentication failure: request-digest mismatch" / Server was not authenticated correctly
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 13:05:34 GMT
Hello list,

I was experiencing problems with authentication (using HTTP Digest Auth+SSL) on our SVN server.
It seems it has been reported a few years ago (see http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=1065&dsMessageId=911173),
but I was not able to find a solution anywhere. The problem occured most often when merging,
sometimes when checking out/in or updating. Trying to work around another problem (apache
leaking memory, see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/subversion/+bug/273859), I set
'SVNAllowBulkUpdates Off' which caused the authentication problem to occur a lot more frequently.
Finally it seems both my problems are gone after switching from mpm-worker to mpm-prefork,
with 'SVNAllowBulkUpdates Off'.

This info might be useful for other users experiencing the same problem and give a hint that
the authentication problem seems to be related to threading issues.

Cheers,

Kai

PS. I'm not subscribed to the list, please CC me in responses or mail me in case I can help
with more detailed info.