subversion-users mailing list archives

From Kai Bernhard <>
Subject About Apache+SVN "Digest mutual authentication failure: request-digest mismatch" / Server was not authenticated correctly
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 13:05:34 GMT
Hello list,

I was experiencing problems with authentication (using HTTP Digest Auth+SSL) on our SVN server.
It seems it has been reported a few years ago (see,
but I was not able to find a solution anywhere. The problem occured most often when merging,
sometimes when checking out/in or updating. Trying to work around another problem (apache
leaking memory, see, I set
'SVNAllowBulkUpdates Off' which caused the authentication problem to occur a lot more frequently.
Finally it seems both my problems are gone after switching from mpm-worker to mpm-prefork,
with 'SVNAllowBulkUpdates Off'.

This info might be useful for other users experiencing the same problem and give a hint that
the authentication problem seems to be related to threading issues.

PS. I'm not subscribed to the list, please CC me in responses or mail me in case I can help
with more detailed info.
View raw message