subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <>
Subject Re: Missing folder / "Could not open the requested SVN filesystem"
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 22:49:11 GMT

On Jun 9, 2012, at 07:37, Dietmar Fleischhauer (WhereGroup) wrote:

> after migrating some repositories to a new server with the same
> directory layout and permissions (but new OS and svn), I get the
> following error:
> <D:error>
>  <C:error/>
>    <m:human-readable errcode="2"> Could not open the requested SVN
> filesystem </m:human-readable>
>  </D:error>

This usually means you haven't configured your web server properly for where your repositories
are actually located on disk.

> The data was dumped with svnadmin and then loaded into a freshly created
> repo on the new server (from SVN 1.5 on Debian 4.0 to v. 1.6 on Debian
> 6.0). The dav module is installed, and I couldn't find a difference in
> it's configuration.
> Comparing the old and new repo directories, I found one difference: the
> old repos contain a sub-folder "dav" with a file "activities", which are
> missing in the new repo. And indeed, the "svnadmin create" on the old
> server creates an (empty) dav folder on the fly, while the new one does
> not. Manually creating such a folder didn't have any effect.
> The Apache config looks like this:
>        <Location /wheregroup>
>                DAV svn
>                SVNPath "/data/svn/myproject"
>                AuthzSVNAccessFile "/etc/apache2/authz"
>                AuthType Basic
>                AuthName "SVN"
>                AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/pw
>                AuthGroupFile /etc/apache2/pwg
>                Require group svngroup
>        </Location>

Above you said "some repositories", meaning more than one, but here, you've configured Apache
to serve a single repository.

Is /data/svn/myproject a repository, or is it a directory containing multiple repositories?
Or: where are your repositories on disk?

What is the URL that you're accessing?

View raw message