subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Binary blob corruption
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 09:21:25 GMT
On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 03:39:07PM +0200, Thorsten Schöning wrote:
> Guten Tag Skylar Thompson,
> am Freitag, 1. Juni 2012 um 15:00 schrieben Sie:
>
> > I've attached a script file that demonstrates this.
>
> I have some strange characters i you file after saving it from my mail
> client The Bat!, maybe you should repost a zipped version unless I'm
> the only one with this problem.

Those are 'backspace' characters. The script program that created this
file captures those and saves them in its output. And the poster didn't
sanitize the output before posting.

>From the script(1) man page:

BUGS
     script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and
     backspaces.  This is not what the naive user expects.