subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Script to change repo layout from `{trunk,tags,branches}/<tag>/proj/sub` to sub/`{trunk,tags,branches} ?
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 07:05:59 GMT

On Jun 13, 2012, at 01:22, Oliver Schrenk wrote:

> Am 13.06.2012 um 04:28 schrieb Ryan Schmidt:
>
>> On Jun 12, 2012, at 07:05, Oliver Schrenk wrote:
>>
>>> I have multiple projects with the following layout in the repository:
>>>
>>>   trunk/project/subproject
>>>   tags/<tag>/project/subproject
>>>   branches/<branch>/project/subproject
>>>
>>> Now a subset of subprojects need to be moved to another repository. I want to
change the layout of each subproject to the standard layout but want to retain tag and branch
names but pointing to the trunk of the subproject.

>>> Is this possible?
>>
>> Of course: "svn mv" things to the way you want them to be.
>
> I should have been more clear in my question. I want to move the subprojects to another
repo. But I guess the way to go is to move the sources in repo1 the way I need them and than
somehow find I way to move them to another repo.

Ah yes. In that case, along with the built-in "svnadmin dump", "svndumpfilter", and "svnadmin
load", the separate "svndumptool" may be helpful to you. Their web site has been down for
awhile; here's a mirror:

http://web.archive.org/web/20101102200928/http://svn.borg.ch/svndumptool/