subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's the process to svnsync a larger repository
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 16:52:57 GMT
On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Geoff Hoffman
<ghoffman@cardinalpath.com> wrote:

>> But you should be able to copy a whole repo, maintaining state as long
>> as the target is reasonably similar.  I see you have gotten it to work
>> another way, but you should have been able to do the initial catch-up
>> sync on something faster, copy that repository where you want it, then
>> resume the syncs to keep it updated.
>

> This is pretty much exactly what I did, Les.

I meant, create your mirror initially with svnsync from scratch on a
fast local system instead of using the dump/load.  Then copy the whole
mirror repo to the system/drive where you wanted it, and svnsync
should pick up where it left off assuming the network reference still
works from the new location.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com