subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's the process to svnsync a larger repository
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 16:25:55 GMT
On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Geoff Hoffman
<ghoffman@cardinalpath.com> wrote:

>> > I created the mirror repository fine, ran svnsync init and svnsync sync
>> > on
>> > it, then as it started going from -r 1, -r 2, -r 3..., I realized it
>> > would
>> > take a week or more to fetch all nearly 4K commits.
>>
>> Slow is one thing - but that sounds unreasonable.  Is there some
>> network issue involved?  Maybe you can svnsync on a nearby machine,
>> then copy or move the resulting repo once it is caught up.
>>

> The speed issue is that I'm storing the mirror repo on a slow computer, on a
> USB Drobo that is in turn being backed up to an online backup service.

But you should be able to copy a whole repo, maintaining state as long
as the target is reasonably similar.  I see you have gotten it to work
another way, but you should have been able to do the initial catch-up
sync on something faster, copy that repository where you want it, then
resume the syncs to keep it updated.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com