subversion-users mailing list archives

From Mattius McLaughlin <Mattius_McLaugh...@pmc-sierra.com>
Subject Re: Best approach to break up a repository
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 18:54:01 GMT

On 03/01/12 19:40, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2012, at 15:46, Mattius McLaughlin wrote:
>
>> I'd like to break each of those projects into separate repositories.  Given the number
of designers we have, it's a bit unreasonable to expect everyone to recreate every workspace
so I'd like to keep all URLs the same.
> There's no choice; when you split the big repository into smaller repositories, each
repository must be given its own UUID (Universally Unique IDentifier), different from the
big repository's UUID. A working copy is matched to a particular repository by UUID. Once
you have new repositories, you must check out new working copies. No exceptions.

I know it's not necessarily best practice, but one could get around this
with a svnadmin setuuid $old-uuid, no?