subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Alagazam.net Subversion" <...@alagazam.net>
Subject Re: Subversion reports error.
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 22:09:40 GMT
On 2012-02-09 00:23, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2012, at 15:41, Alagazam.net Subversion wrote:

>>> It is as below:
>>>
>>> ( success ( 2 2 ( ) ( edit-pipeline svndiff1 absent-entries commit-revprops depth
log-revprops partial-replay ) ) )

>>> and then stops. A prompt is not shown.
>> This symptom of not getting any prompt back reminds me of a totally
>> non-svn related "bug" but a network error I encountered some time ago.
> Not seeing a prompt in this case is not a bug; it's expected behavior. svnserve is not
an interactive program that has a prompt. It's a Subversion server; the above test demonstrated
that svnserve is running correctly and is waiting for a Subversion client to connect to it.

Maybe I was reading the threads wrong but my answer about not getting
the prompt back was a reply to this part:

    % sshsection-9@section-9.sakura.ne.jp  ls /home/section-9/svn/reps

    README.txt
    conf
    db
    format
    hooks
    locks

    and then stops. A prompt is not shown.

which to me seems like the ssh session is running a normal shell ls command.

About the MTU value I'm really don't know as it was in the VPN routers
which I don't manage, but it's normally 1500 so I guess the change was
to 1490 or something to account for the VPN headers.

/David