subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Error 500
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 09:30:33 GMT
On Nov 4, 2011, at 04:21, Stefano Mora wrote:

> i configured Apache 2.2 to handle SVN service.

The configuration you've shown is very confusing. Where did you get the idea that you should
define Alias directives, or use a <Directory> block? I'll try to suggest fixes below:

> We want to browse upper directory and then enter in a SVN folder.
> The tree is outside the DocumentRoot directive.
> This is a chunk of the httpd.conf:
>
> Alias	/dev/eos	e:/svnroot/dev/eos

Remove this line.

> <Directory e:/svnroot/dev/eos>

Change this line to:

<Location /dev>

This is based on your statement below that you want to access http://srveos:8080/dev and see
a list of repositories.

>  SVNParentPath e:/svnroot/dev/eos/

The path listed in SVNParentPath should be the path to the directory containing all of your
repositories. So if "eos" is one of your repositories, then this should read:

SVNParentPath e:/svnroot/dev

> </Directory>

Change this line to:

</Location>

> Alias	/dev	e:/svnroot/dev
> <Directory e:/svnroot/dev>
> 	Order allow,deny
> 	Allow from all
> 	Options Indexes
> 	IndexOptions ShowForbidden FancyIndexing HTMLTable
> </Directory>

Remove all of these lines.