subversion-users mailing list archives

From Hyrum K Wright <hy...@hyrumwright.org>
Subject Re: RPM packaging components in trunk out of date and dangerous
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 14:29:56 GMT
On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Stefan Sperling <stsp@elego.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 02, 2011 at 10:39:01AM -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>> I'm happy to submit these as distinct issues for the issue tracker,
>> but in the short therm, pulling out the unusable rhel-3 and rhel-4
>> packaging would be a good start.
>
> Feel free to file these issues so this doesn't fall through the cracks.
> Thanks!
>
> Not sure yet, but I suppose we'll end up deleting the RPM packaging
> from our tree since it is not being maintained.
> As you mentioned better maintained packages exist elsewhere.

For what it's worth, this isn't the first complaint I've heard about
the spec files we "maintain" in our tree.  In our defense, we do
remove the packages/ directory from the shipped tarballs, so it takes
an industrious user to actually find and use the spec files.  But it
appears that the status quo is still causing problems, so fixes would
be appreciated (or we can just nuke 'em from the repo).

-Hyrum