subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bob Archer <>
Subject RE: Tortoise SVN merge bug?
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 14:58:04 GMT
> Here is the version info:
> TortoiseSVN 1.6.6, Build 17493 - 32 Bit , 2009/10/19 20:22:18
> Subversion 1.6.6,
> apr 1.3.8
> apr-utils 1.3.9
> neon 0.28.6
> OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009
> zlib 1.2.3
> The problem is we rarely use SVN merge when there are conflicts.  So if I
> understand correctly the appropriate merge history is not available?
> Jeff

Yes exactly. That is why I recommended you do a "record only" merge to let svn know that all
those earlier merges were already done. So, you have to choose if you are going to use the
merge features or not. If you are doing manual merges you should do a record only merge.

You do have the resolve conflicts if you use merge or not, so you might as well use it. Keep
in mind, the more often you merge the less conflicts you will have and the easier the ones
you do have will be to resolve.

View raw message