On 13.09.2019 14:16, Nathan Hartman wrote:
On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 3:08 AM Branko Čibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:
On 13.09.2019 09:00, Julian Foad wrote:
> Nathan Hartman wrote:
>> Once there's actually something to show we can cross the bridge of either asking Infra (nicely of course) or moving it to a subdirectory of staging, with a link to coming soon, preview the new site. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

> That all sounds good. Just one thing: a new branch that is a sibling of 'publish' and 'staging' would seem to be the right level. The existing 'site-ng' branch contains virtual copies of both, which seems the wrong level, and also catching up and re-purposing an old branch makes slightly confusing (and slightly inefficient) history. Create a new one!

Yes indeed ... and maybe even create a copy of staging/, not publish/,
to make future merge history clearer.

-- Brane

Yes. I reached this conclusion also when I ran the merge and realized that this is a branch that contains branches. So I didn't commit that mess.

If there are no objections I'll remove site-ng and create a branch from staging called staging-ng. I think it should be under site, adjacent to staging and publish, and not under subversion root?

Yes, that's correct.

-- Brane