subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Redirect cycle detected for URL, if redirect adds a trailing slash
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2019 12:38:23 GMT
On 13.09.2019 14:25, Julian Foad wrote:
> Branko ─îibej wrote:
>> It looks correct to me, and the result you report against
>> archive.apache.org is correct, too. I'd say, go ahead and commit it,
>> we'll soon see if something goes wrong because of that.
>
> Ack. http://svn.apache.org/r1866899
>
>> The only thing I can think of is that we *require* that repository paths
>> of directories don't have a trailing slash, for example. However,
>> mod_dav_svn doesn't do 'foo/' -> 'foo' redirects, so this shouldn't be
>> an issue, IMO.
>
> I don't quite follow that, but am happy that you think it's ok.

Redirects can only come from Apache configuration outside the
<Location/> controlled by mod_dav_svn. So you won't get the kind of
'dir' -> 'dir/' redirect that archive.apache.org does -- which could
result in an invalid in-repo path -- for paths that are already within a
repository ... so with your patch we won't not canonicalize such paths.

Is that any clearer? :D

-- Brane