subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: extending the blame callback
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2019 16:53:45 GMT
Stefan Kueng wrote:
> When running blame on an utf16 text file, the lines can not be used
> since the blame callback only passes a 'char *' parameter which means it
> ends at the first zero char. But actually, svn knows if the line has
> more content.

+1 on doing something to fix the problem.

Just briefly:
* we already have a (char*, len) wrapper, called svn_string_t, so I would expect it would
be neatest to use that;
* splitting the lines on a bare LF byte, and having a left-over zero byte, sounds just so
wrong... it can't be right, can it? Can't we do something better? Use a callback for deciding
how to split lines, or something? I haven't looked at the code, so not sure what exactly.

(I can't review the patch in more detail just now.)

--
- Julian