subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1849080 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion: bindings/javahl/native/Path.cpp include/svn_dirent_uri.h libsvn_subr/dirent_uri.c svndumpfilter/svndumpfilter.c tests/libsvn_subr/dirent_uri-test.c
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2018 12:11:21 GMT
brane@apache.org wrote on Mon, 17 Dec 2018 11:26 +0000:
> * subversion/include/svn_dirent_uri.h
>   (svn_relpath__internal_style): Change prototype so that the function can
>    return an error instead of aborting if anything goes wrong.

Shall we move the declaration to subversion/include/private/ while we're
at it?  That will ensure that API consumers that called this function
--- yes, they shouldn't have, but they may have anyway --- don't
accidentally call the re-signatured function (after upgrading libsvn.so
without recompiling) and get hard-to-trace garbage.