subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: truncated author names in 'svn ls -v' output
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2018 05:13:35 GMT
On 26.11.2018 05:58, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
>>> (we needn't support other values (except perhaps --base=1 for the 1.11 behaviour))
>> ?:\  Which behaviour?
> The default behaviour: printing the filesize as an integer (possibly with
> thousands separator).  Mathematically, base-2 means the printed value N
> stands for N * 2**foo, so the 1.11 behaviour is equivalent to --unit-base=1.

Ah! this is "1.11" the version number, not "1.11" some magical base-1
number format. For a moment I was worried about having to print
thousands of 1's. :)

Nitpick: the base-2 units are actually base-2^10, and the base-10 units
are really base-10^3.

> It might be clearer to just call it --unit-base=none.

But do we really need to support this option value explicitly? The
absence of the option already asserts the default behaviour.

-- Brane