subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merge dry-run and conflict resolution
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2018 09:27:28 GMT
[Moving to dev@ as this is more of a development question.]

On 30.10.2018 09:35, Jonathan Guy wrote:
> Hi all
> Just looking over the code for the interactive conflict resolution.
> This is just an initial observation but in merge_cmd.c the function svn_cl__merge calls
run_merge then checks for a merge tracking error and then checks for conflicts. If there were
conflicts it runs the interactive conflict resolver. My question is should the resolver be
running if this is a dry-run?
> Thanks for any clarification on this.

I think you're correct, since a dry run doesn't (or shouldn't) produce
any changes in the working copy, it makes no sense to run the resolver.

-- Brane