subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: "Permission denied" committing to sourceforge
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2018 12:30:18 GMT
On 10.08.2018 13:37, Markus Schaber wrote:
> Hi, Tom,
>
> Von: Thomas Singer <thomas.singer@syntevo.com>
> On 2018-08-10 9:52, Branko ─îibej wrote:

>>> I believe you'll need to ask sourceforge about this. This looks like
>>> a server-side problem and there is nothing an SVN client could do about it.
>> More specifically, it looks like filesystem permissions on the
>> repository storage are incorrect.
> Thanks. That's what I thought initially, too, simply guessing from the error message.
But the user who reported the problem writes that with his default SVN binaries the commit
succeeded for him, and I'm not sure that's it's not a problem with our SVN binaries.

> Is it possible that there's a difference in protocols?
>
> If the one user uses https://, and the other uses svn:// or svn+ssh:// protocols, the
server side has different software, probably running under different user account and permissions.

Of course, but it's still the server administrators responsibility to
make things work (i.e., set process/file ownership and permissions
correctly) if they support both http:// and svn:// protocols. Nothing on
the client side can affect that.

-- Brane