subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using delta editor to read and write WC local mods
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2018 18:36:16 GMT
Julian Foad wrote:
> svnrdump dump
>   - calls svn_ra_do_update3(send_copy_from_args=False) for
>     the initial full revision (if not 'incremental')
>   - then expects to receive copyfrom info (files and dirs)
>     so it can write out a complete dump record
>   - ### it won't receive any copyfrom so will write a broken
>     initial full revision record :-(

No, my mistake -- I forgot it isn't trying to write out a faithful copy of that revision,
in non-incremental mode.

[...]
>   -> write more thorough tests, e.g. run it alongside 'svnadmin dump'
>      'everywhere' and compare their outputs

Side-by-side testing would still be a good thing in general. The "--dump-load-cross-check"
test mode flag does some of that, although not comprehensively testing all variations of dumps.
So I ran tests with that flag (it's very slow), and discovered a few issues. The first one
I found, I reported as SVN-4767 and fixed in r1837151. There are some more to look at, some
time.

--
- Julian