subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subversion 1.10.1 up for testing/signing
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2018 19:23:50 GMT
I have decided I will re-roll these releases. Just the CHANGES file will be up-to-date, and
without changes relating to later minor release lines like it was before. There will be no
other changes.

I will re-roll ASAP; Monday at the latest.

I'll find out soon whether I'll be bumping the patch release number or not. (I'll ask y'all
on IRC.)

Anyone willing to test the releases: if you wish, and if this is efficient for you, please
go ahead and get the testing under way with the present tarballs. You can later sign the re-rolled
ones after confirming that only 'CHANGES' is changed.

Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> [...] concerned about downstreams obtaining the version number
> by parsing the first line of CHANGES and getting 1.11.0.

Well, that really doesn't seem to me like anything we need be concerned about, but I don't
want any of you to have any more worries. And if we do make changes to the way we manage the
'CHANGES' file, it would be better to do so in a new minor (.0) release as there would be
more eyes on it and more expectation of presentation changes. So I will re-roll.

--
- Julian